Over the course of my 26 years as a nurse and nurse practitioner I have observed the struggles patients face accessing timely, competent, and compassionate mental health care. As a result, I have sought out opportunities to assist people in their journey to mental wellness. I started with the Ketamine Clinic in 2022 and quickly recognized ketamine as a healing modality. I am passionate about high quality, safe, and compassionate patient care with the most progressive treatments available.
When not working, I most enjoy time with my wife, 4 daughters, son-in-law, and grandson. I love running, camping, and all kinds of outdoor recreation. I recently fulfilled a bucket-list item by learning to play the banjo.
- Critical care nurse, cardiology nurse practitioner, critical care and emergency transport nurse.
- Graduate school project gathered data from 1300+ EMS providers to evaluate for suicide risk factors. These data to firefighter unions and EMS groups for education and to garner support for local mental health programs. I am pleased that the data was also used to support legislation for increasing awareness and support for EMS provider mental health assistance.
- I assisted in developing a peer support group for a busy critical care transport team.
- Salt Lake Community College AAS in Nursing, 1997
- Dixie State University Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, 2014
- University of Utah Doctor of Nursing Practice, 2017
- UT DOPL APRN license awarded in 2017, license number 294548-4405
- UT DOPL APRN controlled substance awarded in 2017, license number 294548-8900