Over the course of my 20 year career working in the behavioral health field, I have transitioned from being a strict cognitive behavioral therapist, to working from a trauma informed, polyvagal theory based approach to treating a variety of conditions with somatic therapies (mindfulness, yoga, somatic processing) and exposure therapy. I am currently in training to become proficient in utilizing both Internal Family Systems, EMDR, and psychotherapy integration of psychedelic medicines.
I specialize in treating complex trauma. I treat adults only- in individual and group therapy. I am passionate about assisting individuals through the change process, helping my patients achieve their goals, and understanding problems and difficulties while affirming individual differences, race, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
I reside in Davis County with my two elementary aged children and golden doodle pup. I’m an avid runner and yogi and love being outside and enjoying the sunshine!
– Residential treatment centers and inpatient hospital units specializing in eating disorders and self-injury.
– Psychological testing with seriously mentally ill patients
– College counseling center- psychotherapy
– Doctoral internship- United States Air Force (USAF). Outpatient mental health, clinical health psychology, and neuropsychological testing.
– Active Duty psychologist with the USAF from 2008-2013. Gained extensive experience treating PTSD, depression, anxiety, weight management issues, and sleep disorders.
– Private practitioner since 2013.
– Began incorporating clinical yoga in my practice with individual patients and groups in 2019.
– B.S. 2003- Psychology. Utah State University.
– M.A. 2007, Psy.D. 2009- Clinical Psychology. Illinois School of Professional Psychology
– CYP-500, 2019- 500-hour Level Yoga Practitioner Training. Clinical Yoga Institute.
Utah license awarded by DOPL in 2010. Psychologist. License Number: 7510289-2501